Still Lusting! a.k.a. If I Can, I Will...
1. House of Harlow Plated Stack Ring. Still adorable. Available in gold for pre-order May 28th. Hmmm...
2. Topshop bandage tunic. It is sold out, but maybe something similar will fall into my hands?
3. Over-sized black T-Shirt from Target. Still need one! Only xs left. Must seek out from another retailer.
4. Reebok EasyTone Sneaker. Not so exciting. But definitely necessary, right?
5. T-Bags Terry Bandeau Bikini. My size is gone (boo hoo) but I am sure I can find something out there that is just as adorable!
6. Colin Stuart for Victoria's Secret Booties. I love the idea of flat suede booties. Cute with skirts, shorts and jeans...
7. Adidas Tennis Dress. My tennis game remains the same. (As in not that strong.) I am convinced that this little number will help!
8. Arden B. Cuffed Fray Edge Short. I still think these are super cute, although my man does not. Conundrum? Or just fact of life?
9. Topshop Ruched Dress. I am obsessed with this dress. Here's hoping it is still there on Saturday! And that it makes me look foxy, not frumpy.
10. TOMS White Canvas Classics. Loving the white, may force myself to buy black for practical reasons.
11. American Eagle Chambray Top. P doesn't know this yet, but if we walk by an AE store in NYC I am dragging her in for 2 secs to nab this shirt!
12. Butter LONDON Nail Lacquer. I am all for nail polish without added "stuff". My mom wants some, too!
The Moment Has Passed
1. LC Lauren Conrad Brushstroke Sheath Dress. It is still cute, but now that it is close to summer I am lusting over a whole new group of dresses!
2. Inspirational Word Bracelets. I am still totally into the idea of these but unsure about the durability. I would rather hold out for a silver or gold plated one. (Erica Anenberg makes really cute ones for $50 on maxandchloe.com - one of my fave jewelry sites!)
3. Bug Buddha Eclipse Clutch. My recent closet inspection shone light on the fact that I have a great assortment of clutches. Also, my new rule is that I will only buy genuine leather bags. Exceptions include Matt and Nat bags (they do an amazing job at Vegan bags that are long-lasting and have a great feel) and summer bags made of cotton/canvas or straw. I guess that means no Buddha for me!
4. Top Shop Basic Tank. I Recently discovered that I am up to my knees (or shoulders?) in basic "tank style" tanks! Some billowy styles, one-shouldered or or even cami style are needed- anything but the tank!
5. Charlotte Russe Striped Dress. I did my own Lust-Have inspiration of this number here, so no need to buy it. I found it in my closet!
6. LC Lauren Conrad motorcycle jacket. Super cute but is not leather. For such a classic style it won't have a long shelf life.
Not My Time
Marc Jacobs Quilted Crossbody, Neiman Marcus
1. London Fog Classic Trench. This will be a purchase someday. After an analysis of my closet I realized I have two coats that fall in the trench dept (although not as classic), so I need to wear them out before I buy another!
2. Marc Jacobs Red Quilted Crossbody Bag. I am still obsessed with this bag. I had secretly hoped it would be on sale by now. No such luck, it is so classic it may never go on sale. It is on my radar!
3. Yummie Tummie Lace Bodysuit. Still LOVE this but realize that any dollars from my lingerie budget must go towards undies and those always necessary, yet not nearly as exciting, Spanx.
4. Rachel Bilson Everlon Bracelet. I still think this bracelet is amazing. Unfortunately with all of the other things on my list I have to leave room for the more practical pieces!
5. Forever 21 Raw Edge Tier Skirt. I am still on the fence about this skirt. I see it with tights and booties but can't commit because I don't know if I will still be loving booties in the fall!
6. The "Say Yes To Sequin Legging" by Spiegel. The only reason I am waiting on these is because we are approaching summer. If they are around in the fall I will be scooping them up in a heartbeat. Plus, that gives me a little extra time to firm up my booty.
7. Gucci Sukey Medium Tote. Waiting until 365 FR goes mainstream. Oprah, are you listening?
Honorable Mentions (and possibilities):
These things are still on my radar but not from my "Lust-Have" list! Gap Boyfriend blazer, Clinique's Vitamin Lip Smoothie, See By Chloe Funny Love Tote, Rebecca Minkoff MAB Bag, any of the sunglasses featured on "Sunglasses Showdown Pt 2", J.Crew Chino Shorts, Helmut Lang white blouse, Gold Bangles from Jules Smith, and lastly the Cocobelle Metallic flats from Bloomingdale's.
"Lust-Haves" Currently In My Possession! What? How?
I am so lucky to have two insanely thoughtful friends, who, in honor of my birthday tomorrow, presented me with an array of goodies from my "Lust-Have" list! Although I cannot use them until Saturday, I am the proud owner of a new Cargo Lip Quad (which P and I both adore-Lust-Have #7), dark denim "jeggings" from the Gap (Lust-Have #20), a gold pair of Footzyrolls (Lust-Have #23), a new V&A water bottle, the double skinny belt from Martin & Osa (Lust-Have #41), decorative bobby pins (similar to the Etsy ones- Lust-Have #49), and an array of undies from Gap Body and Hanky Panky. I think I cried (first because I was so moved, and second because I forgot how nice new underwear feels!).
So there you have it. Phew, glad that's over.
P.S. The total cost of my "Lust-Have" items was $2547.44. After putting them into the above categories it turns out that I am really still only lusting after $551.19. This, however, doesn't count the "Honorable Mentions". That is a whole other kettle of fish! Or shoes. Or bags. Or tank tops. Or...okay I'll stop. I am just really excited about the thought of going shopping and I am getting giddy!