Here are my top five favorite ways to keep cool when it's this hot!
- Wear as little makeup as possible - The warm air will give you a natural flush and a great by-product of steamy temps is what I like to refer to as a "dewy" complexion. Adding too much makeup to the mix will really just ruin things.
- Look as cute as possible - even though it's tempting to thrown on the nearest (and probably smallest) thing you have lying around, don't give in! We all know that when you look good, you feel good. Throw on something that moves so you'll be able to catch any hope of a breeze and when in doubt, accessorize! Have you ever felt too hot in a sassy pair of earrings?
- Spend as little time on your hair as possible - Take advantage of the romantic look of the moment and pile your hair up in a loose bun or a super cute side braid. It'll give the back of your neck much needed relief and you will look tres a la mode! Do not, under any circumstances, pick up that hair dryer! In this weather that would be tantamount to suicide.
- Make as much of your own home-brew as possible - iced tea, that is. I drink it practically by the gallon in the summer. Since it's mostly water based, the more of it you drink, the more beautiful your skin will be and the less tired you will feel. Making your own herbal or green iced tea, helps it go down that much faster because it is so tasty! I just take whatever tea I have in the house (the Celestial Seasonings fruit sampler is a great one!), fill the kettle to the brim, pour and serve. The water will be steaming, but after you put it in the fridge for say 9 hours or so, it will be well worth it!
- Hang in there as long as possible - but know when to throw off your shoes and throw in the towel! With a heat wave lasting as long as this one, sometimes the best thing to do is just grab a freezie and call it a day. What's your favorite flavour? (Mine is grape!)
That is all for now, because here in Toronto, it's even too hot to type!