July 30, 2010
July 29, 2010
July 28, 2010
July 27, 2010
July 26, 2010
More than a Fashion Blogger
Whatever your thoughts are about fashion bloggers, this week's links a'la mode reads were quite evocative. Hardly does an article leave me questioning my own thoughts or ideals, especially when talking fashion. I may be moved to buy, but deeper? (sans any type of societal injustice) These bloggers brought more to the table, as Vogue Gone Rogue did with her declaration of the coexistence of feminism and fashion. Yet, I was proud to be an entrepreneur after glimpsing into the world of a bridal consultants leap into fashion design.In a world where a new fashion blog is born everyday and everyone is a critic. Confessions of a Fashion Editor interviews an outspoken blogger critic while Guacamole & Toast ponders if we should even care what others say. Whether you read because of the pretty pictures, fun reads, or fashion tips, know your authors are more than fashion bloggers.
- 365 Fashion Rehab- The Cost/Quality Conundrum. Three tops in three different price ranges: How do you really know if the quality of a garment matches its price tag?
- A La Modest- Thrifting Down the Mainstream: "With this new wave rave for vintage, even Goodwill is raising their prices because the more affluent kids are ransacking their racks for one-of-a-kind retro rompers and sixties sandals."
- Bachmans Sparrow- Transform your basic tanks into beautiful, statement pieces with just a little lace. Check it out in my easy DIY tutorial!
- Bobbins And Bombshells: Who's That Behind Those Foster Grants? Part fashion history part give away!
- Confessions of a Fashion Editor- Nati Hell, of 'Fashion Bloggers Why?!' Answers Back
- Cuffington- The Tale of the Tape- A chance encounter with an old handmade mix tape cover (crafted nine years ago from a page torn from an issue of W) takes me back to the very moment when I truly became interested in fashion, and what fashion was capable of.
July 23, 2010
July 22, 2010
July 19, 2010
Creative Consultant: Pair it with a black sheath and flats, or a lightweight tank and pleated shorts, and you will be sure to turn heads.
I bet you'd never thought you'd see the word "Birkenstock" on a fashion site.Well, guess what? Me neither. But I have friends who absolutely swear by these, dare I say, cute t-strappers. My haviannas are almost worn through and are leaving my comfy summer shoe department a little barren.
July 16, 2010
July 15, 2010
July 14, 2010
July 13, 2010
July 11, 2010
They say the only dumb question is one you don't ask, and these days the questions keep coming and the answers? Well, we try. In the fashion world... Lady Gaga, is she really doing it for the girls? What does working with Terry Richardson do for/against her cred? Should we question the ethnic headdress trend? Has fashion blogging become overloaded and narcissistic? What's the real price of our clothing? And more importantly what should we wear to a movie date!?! Oh man, the questions they keep coming. Luckily this week's roundup has some answers.
Links à la Mode: July 8
- 365 Fashion Rehab: Nautical Stripe Shorts 4 Ways
- Denimaniac: Paris Fashion Week SS11 Denim Looks
- Fashion Butter: Beach wear, street wear
- Fashion Cents: What to wear to a movie date.
- Fashionista Lab: Traveling light: Plan ahead
- Fete a Fete: Nars Summer 2010 Colors
- Hello Beauty! Urban Decay Summer of Love set offers a palette that's all about gorgeous sparkle and a vibrant pop of purple
- Holier than Now: The New Hipster Headdress - fun fashion or not-funny appropriation?
- I'm the It Girl: Master Control: Q&A with Design + Conquer
- I like socks: The price that we are willing and able to pay for our clothing.
- Oranges and Apples: My fiancee made me a dress! Lots of pictures and some thoughts on gender divisions in the crafting world.
- Rocker Repro: Lady GaGa: Yeah, but what is she doing for her female fans?
- Rah! Rah! Style Revolt: Information Overload: 2010 & The Blogging Revolution
- Retro Chick: Love yourself, Love others, Love Vintage Challenge
- Return to Sender: Losing some weight! (but not from where you'd think)
- Shrimp Salad Circus: Greta Pollman handmade feature and giveaway
- The Coveted: American Living Preview
- The Fish Tank: Gothic, grunge Jewelry
- The Thrify Poet: Is fashion blogging narcissistic?
- Wicked Whimsy: Fashion & Accessibility
July 9, 2010
Armani Exchange bikini $86
As I mentioned yesterday, with the sweltering heat, there's not much to think about that doesn't include water. Drinking it, showering in it, swimming in it. It has been quite some time since I bought a new bathing suit (definitely over a year!), but the one I have is still in good shape so I keep telling myself to wait till next summer.
But then I saw this one. I love how colorful it is and the bandeau top is my style of choice to prevent pesky tan lines.
What do you think?
July 8, 2010
- Wear as little makeup as possible - The warm air will give you a natural flush and a great by-product of steamy temps is what I like to refer to as a "dewy" complexion.
July 6, 2010
July 5, 2010
July 2, 2010
July 1, 2010
And then I found the most amazing pair of Diane von Furstenberg gold sandals at Winners.